Question: How does someone learn how to be a successful Angel Investor?
Answer: Participate in the RVC Angel Accelerator and learn how to be a SMART Angel and receive a great return on investment, avoid taxation, learn about leading edge innovation and meet interesting people!
The Angel Accelerator Full Day Bootcamp accelerates Angel Investors’ learning with a combination of hands-on exercises, working with experienced angel investor mentors, and solid content and toolkits that you’ll need for successful Angel Investing. Angel investing requires specialized knowledge that is not obvious even to those with MBAs or who may have been CEO of their own company for years. We teach the ins and outs of venture capital and provide a toolkit to help angels be successful and confident in their decisions.
Participants in the Angel Accelerator learn the language, logic and process of venture capital investing, opening up opportunities for returns that are significantly higher than can be found in the markets – AND with great tax advantages. Participants will be ready to engage with angel groups to analyze deals and negotiate favorable terms.
Angel Investing is not as risky as many people think. With a combination of high returns, tax free profits and smart diligence and diversification strategies, angels receive post tax returns averaging at mid-20% Internal Rates of Return.
Angel investors make great profits, but even more important is the ability to support your local community rather than sending your capital off to money managers on the coasts. Angel investors give back to their communities through capital investment, coaching and mentoring and engagement in the community. Angels that don’t have the time can engage through venture funds with local impact as well.
Topics Covered Include:
- How Venture Capital works.
- How to Value a pre-revenue company.
- Why are Exit Strategies Important? (Hint – that’s how you get your money back!)
- How to “read” a pitch.
- What to look for in a deal.
- Due Diligence Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Analyze a Proforma Financial Statement and determine whether it’s “believable” or not
- Capital Strategy – find out if you’re going to get diluted out of a profit, or if future raises will give you a smaller piece of a bigger pie and great returns.
- Lead Investors – what are the key functions that the Lead Investor plays and what do you have to know before you jump into this role?
- Term Sheets and Negotiation – how are Angel Deals negotiated? What are the key terms? What are the benefits of equity vs. convertible debt, or even SAFEs?
- Tax Implications – how can Angels take advantage of huge 100% tax breaks on capital gains?
- Portfolio strategies to minimize risk and maximize gains.
- Managing the deals after the check is cut. You can be involved as much or little as you like.
- Investing in venture capital funds vs. individual companies.
This is a full-day workshop, and you’ll be engaged in interesting content and hands-on learning the whole time!
Registrants receive the full day workshop, a tool-kit full of angel investing resources, and one full year of FULL MEMBERSHIP in Rockies Venture Club, the oldest and one of the most active angel investment groups in the U.S. with free access to angel forums by LiveStream and in person as well as monthly pitch events and discounts on conferences! ($595 Value!) Due diligence, pitches, investor discussions and more are all available anywhere in the world, every month via LiveStream.
Your facilitator, Peter Adams, has many years of experience as an angel investor, Venture Capital Fund Manager, MBA instructor, and non-profit leader. Peter is co-author of Venture Capital for Dummies and has written and spoken extensively about venture and angel investing.
Angel Accelerator participants all receive a free copy of Venture Capital for Dummies signed by the author!
Communities, corporate sponsors and economic development organizations can organize local HyperAccelerators in order to jump start local investment in startups within their communities. Rockies Venture Institute offers an Angel Accelerator program that provides hands-on learning for High Net Worth individuals so that they can become active accredited investors (angel investors) and support their local communities while earning market-beating returns. Contact us for licensing and live delivery options for the HyperAccelerator and Angel Accelerators for your community.